Ongoing (6+ Months)
About the client
A leading Swiss company
wanted to build their E-Commerce site on the CMS platform which is flexible
enough for them to handle and modify the web content autonomously.
The functionalities included…
- Multilingual support for 3 languages
- Store locator
- Payment gateway integration viz. PayPal, BitPay(Bitcoin)
- Inventory management
- Vimeo video integration
- Social media integration
- WordPress CMS
- Hosted on Hostpoint
About the engagement
The client wanted to build the complete E-commerce site in the given time and capture the feel and essence of their products. The client also needed the expertise that SWQA provide in terms of the Web Development.
Development background and problem statement
Prior to SWQA involvement, the web development work which was outsourced to a serviced based company, didn’t build a platform which was flexible enough for them to perform the role which usually an editor does.
Secondly, there wasn’t any further support and documentation provided to them upon development.
SWQA developed well-defined development processes for the client, including proper business requirement documentation, following the agile approach and working towards building the site which would meet up the client requirement at the same time making it easy for the editor of site to add/edit content based on the requirements and updates on their products.
Working with the client, SWQA was able to diminish the overhead caused due to lack of editor feature on the site. At the same time the existing site didn’t had the support for any additional payment gateways. So in addition to it, SWQA even managed to build the site with all the complex features which consisted of the Store locator and even the BitPay(Bitcioin) payment gateway for capturing funds from users who would consider paying via bitcoin.
- The Site had all the features documented by the client and SWQA didn’t missed even a single feature request.
- The entire site was build keeping into consideration the responsiveness and cross platform compatibility in mind.
- Site Load time was also taken into consideration and it ranked immeasurably well in it.
- Site had a feature of rolling back the entire site or even for single product/page.
- Secured socket layer was used across the site and maintained the same for the payment gateways which were used.