About the client
A leading prepaid cards specialist in UK needed our expertise in testing the world-class prepaid card programmes (consumer as well as corporate programmes) customised to their client’s requirements. The functionalities included…
- Currency Cards (ERO, USD, GBP)
- Currency Home Delivery (ERO, USD, Swiss Francs, etc)
- Manipulation of various accounts
- Manipulation of various cards
- Angular JS
- Hosted in AWS
- 1 Project Manager
- 10-12 Engineers
- 4-5 QA Engineers
About the engagement
The client wanted to reduce operating costs while increasing efficiency and consistency within the quality assurance organizations. Executive management mandated continuous process improvement, but the environment lacked consistent processes or tools to manage.
Testing background and problem statement
Prior to SWQA involvement, software testing within the client organization was managed primarily at the project level, with no formal process, methodology, tools, metrics collection or reporting. All testing was performed on site at significant cost.
SWQA developed well-defined software testing processes for the client, including process road maps, estimation models, automation standards and other necessary features.
Working with the client, SWQA was able to reduce post-production defects through full traceability to test cases. In addition, regression test cycle times were reduced by automating test cases using the Selenium.
- Assurance of business requirements with established Requirement Traceability Matrices
- Proven and unique methodology for testing
- Standardization of automation tools
- Continuous process improvements
- High test case coverage